Mar 5, 2017

To the next journey

■ My journey

Everything happens in life happen with good reasons. So we all must trust in life and to trust we need courage and faith sometimes. Now is the time I need those qualities... faith in life and courage to move on.

■ About my journey

This 6 years I have been working on alpine climbing... I just can't believe that 6 years has passed already! I must have been in my dream.

Now the achievement is almost done... I am almost fully prepared as an alpine climber at beginner level.

I am reaching to where I wanted to be.

My physical power, climbing grade, rope work and rescue knowledges.... all of the skills I need to climb alpine of some beginner's routes...now I am very well prepared.

My recent achievement; I have climbed 55m ice fall in Aizawa, in pink point though, that was a major achievement for me. That was a gift from my mentor Ao chan, who has 40 years of ice climbing experience.

The Amida North ridge I climbed solo was just on my own. Triumph done all by myself...

...and now the mountains and climbing seems to be taken away from me at one glance. My husband got a job transfer and we are moving out of town.

Sad? Disappointed? Hard to tell.

■ Life always protects me from the serious danger

In one way of looking at, always "the life" has protected me from the danger of death in the mountains.

There were several times I felt a real threat to my life... when my rope-partner insisted that we go to the route a way beyond our skills. When an old climber in the alpine club I was with, insisted on climbing -25degree snow mountains with a 1.8 litter sake bottle. I actually withdrawn from this trip, and in the trip, actually 3 men in the team got some frost bites.  And when my climbing mate do not understands needs of education in belay and so do not practice, still I had to climb with his belay, an uneducated one.

However in every cases, I still persisted on climbing. Those negatives could not stopped me. I did not let negatives win my passion.

■ Keeping up with the goal

Once I had fallen on the ground and cut my head severely, and stitched my head 7 stitches. Still I was on the rock next day. That is how I persisted on my goal.

It is only because I keep the promise I make to myself. I am loyal to my own promise. I respect myself.

My promise.  No one else's but mine. You can not lie to you. So I keep my own promise.

So far, the definition of my life's goal was "I climb while I am in Yamanashi".

"While I am in Yamanashi..." was the only condition I made to this goal.

Now I am leaving Yamanashi.

■ Positive changes in this life experiment

Let's take a look at the positive changes I have made from this 7 years endeavour.

In a way, it was life's experiment. What will happen if I decided on one thing and stick to it? The result is remarkable.

No1. I pay less and less attention to possessing; I used to love the good interior design. I admired pretty houses since I was in San Francisco while I was young. I loved antiques and the furnitures. As a young English speaking software engineer I was rather well paid... I never thought I was spending so much but I were, I was unconscious since everyone lives the way I lived. Now, things does not matter at all to me and I know the difference.

No2. Priority change;  I used to put my work first than my private pursuit. Now I put my job a second to my own pursuit. I know it is the way it is.

No3. What you really want is clear;  To prioritize, you must know what you want.  So I decide it's the mountains and climbing and the result is amazing.

Who thought a woman who started ice climb at age 40, climb 55m ice fall in 4 years later?  Who would thought a woman in her 40, lead climb a crack route in Jyogasaki? Mt. Kai Komagatake in most severe winter time in solo?

All my achievement came from prioritizing, and knowing what makes me fulfilled.

No4. Strength. Negativities does not really matter, I know now. When you are moving on, the negatives does not matter much. So it is the sign you are in the right direction. When you feel strong about the negatives, the down side of the things, you are not in the right direction. Is is like pain means No to the body. When it is right, it feels good. The negative things happen no matter what but it won't hurt you at all when going right. I was embarrassed in front of people once but it never hurted me nor stopped me.

No5. Gratitude; Less fear. Less complain. When I came to Yamanashi, I did not know what to do... no right job for me, I was actually advised to go to Tokyo, since Yamanashi is too countryside for my kind of work. I was totally unfit to the new environment but now I am comfortable, I change myself instead of changing environment.

No6. Success as a yoga teacher. I have gotten a certain amount of popularity and trust from my students which are brought by giving the same massage for a long time. It seems I am doing the right thing.

■ Answer is always given if you're aware

So now, thinking about my life's experiment and how I have grown as a person, I guess I am pretty much ready to step forward to the next level...

The change in environment is given with good reasons. You can not do what you were doing anymore.

That sucks but there must be more to it.

There must be something I had to learn while I am in Fukuoka, which contribute to my accomplishment.

This morning, while I was staying in a guest house in Fukuoka, I met a Hong Kong couple, Iris and Weyn, they said I was the first person who are so friendly to them.

English speaking is not enough skill to be friendly with those world travellers, open mind and a great smile are necessary qualities you need and most Japanese shy away. I am much more closer to global standard with this matter. I found my strength already.

Now I know, all means are ready, all I have to figure out is how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment