Dec 9, 2016

The first time Ice climbing in the season!


■The First time

We've gone to the very first ice climbing in the season.


Thanks to Ao chan,
who is an expert, I got to the ice one week sooner than everyone.

For, in the beginning of the season, the ice is soooo unstable and no one would like to pilot test for such a fragile ice fall...

but Ao chan is OK, he
KNOWS ICE!

so we climbed the ice falls, and there were only one line that can be lead climbed... no other lines! Were too dangerous.

I am glad I've got to come with him.

■ Getting better

I was suddenly getting better!

Glad I worked hard on Free.

■ Too much energy?

We climbed a lot.

I climbed 7, and Ao chan climbed 8 in the small fall.

I am not as efficient as Ao chan since I am only an beginner... only 3 years now, this is my 4th year, so I got tired sooner than him.

He never got tired of...

So far, my arm pumped only once when my legs were completely in the air.


■ Crampon need fixing

My crampon needs fixing. The front point is not sticking out enough... too short.

The belay point is important



■ Big fall

To our surprise, the big fall was frozen better than the small fall... so it was too bad we already had climbed a lot in the small fall.

■ The big fall

So this is the big fall... it is still very fragile but we climbed.

The next week the falls are ready for everyone to climb, unless it gets too warm or something...

Usually these falls are ready at the second week of December so we were a bit too soon to come here. It is OK to climb at this timing, with an expert who has an eye where to lead climb the fragile ice but this is no beginner's climb.

I guess, I am just lucky one who can climb with Ao chan...  I am always a too lucky person these days!!

God of climb wants me to climb, I guess!








No comments:

Post a Comment